|David Fonseca Mota
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Affiliation: University of Oslo
|Posted: August 12 2010
|A postdoctoral fellowship in cosmology is open at the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics of the University of Oslo.
The fellowship period is 3 years. The position is available from 1st January 2011, but can also be started later on.
Salary: NOK 448.200 – 510.000 (depending on qualifications and seniority)
Closing date for applications: 1 October 2010.
Applications should be done electronically:
The position is connected to the project ”Cosmological Probes of Modified Gravity”, funded by the Research Council of Norway. The successful applicant is expected to carry out research on cosmological structure formation within theories of gravity beyond General Relativity. The research will focus on both the linear and nonlinear regime of structure formation in the framework of scalar-tensor theories, vector-tensor theories and brane world models. It may involve testing these alternatives to dark energy using N-body simulations and/or lensing and/or the CMB and matter power spectra among others.
The application (to be done electronically: http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/430138/64278?iso=gb) must include:
• Application letter
• Research proposal
• CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
• Copies of transcript of records and educational certificates
• A complete list of publications
• Short version of CV containing: 1) the institution where the master thesis (or equivalent) was received and the date of graduation,2) the institution where the Ph.D. was received and the date of the defense, 3) the institutions where the applicant has been employed after receiving the Ph.D., 4) the number of papers published in refereed journals (how many as first author) and 5) very brief (2 – 3 sentences) description of field of research and how it is related to research on cosmological structure formation. (Please upload under section " other attachments").
• The applicant should also arrange for two letters of reference to be sent by e-mail to [Log in to view email].